Watches have long been in use for many years and thus we are used to what these machines are. But the recent trend of smartwatches is something that we are still getting used to. So let’s compare smartwatches and wristwatches and know the difference.
Now, smartwatches can be used as personal assistants. You can set alarms, take notes, listen to music and do much more through your smartwatch. Smartwatches are not just a timepiece but you can use them to make calls and receive text messages and emails.
On the other hand, wristwatches have been there in use for many years. It is something that we have grown up with and thus we are used to what these machines are. But the recent trend of smartwatches is something that we are still getting used to.
Types of Watches
Watches used to be a pretty simple thing. You would have an analog watch, which would tell you the time, and you would use it day in and day out until it started to break down. Then you could buy a new one, the same kind of watch, only newer and better because progress always happens when people need it most.
If that’s all there was to watches, then you might still be wearing your old analog watch right now. But over the past few years, there has been a rise in more advanced watches that do so much more than just telling time.
They can make phone calls, can show notifications from your cellphone, can tell you what song is playing on the radio or track a specific topic like sports results or weather information and they can even make payments for you using your phone’s credit card balance! Some of these features are cool and useful, but others—like payment capabilities—can make some people very nervous.
Smartwatches are digital watches with tons of extra features added on top of that. While wristwatches aren’t truly dead yet (they’re still available), their days may be numbered as smartwatches become more common because they’re easier to use and look nicer on your wrist.
Benefits of Watches
Watches have been in existence for a long time. Although they were not used for the same purpose, their use has evolved over the years. You’ve probably seen people wearing watches because of the benefits that come with them. Here are some of them:
- They allow you to tell time
- Can make a fashion statement with them
- They can be employed as status symbols
Features of Watches
As a general rule, smartwatches are more expensive than wristwatches. Smartwatches connect to your mobile phone and include app support. They can also respond to voice commands, depending on the model and brand.
Smartwatches are generally more durable than wristwatches, although they can vary between brands. They are usually waterproof and dust-proof with very high shock resistance.
In comparison, wristwatches do not have all of these features. Wristwatches don’t connect to your phone or have any apps that you can use with them. Depending on the wristwatch that you get, it will likely be water-resistant but not waterproof like a smartwatch would be.
Some brands may be more durable than others, but in terms of damage from drops or extreme weather conditions such as rain or snow, they are less likely to last longer than a smartwatch.
Use of Watches
- Price: Smartwatches are usually much more expensive than wristwatches, but they also have many more functions than a simple time-telling device. The average smartwatch costs between $300-and $500 making them quite a bit more expensive than your average wristwatch.
- Accuracy: Most modern smartwatches are significantly accurate and durable.
The moment you start comparing both the watches, you will find a vast difference between them
- Smartwatches have a battery life of 2 to 3 days but wristwatches can last anywhere from 4 months to 5 years.
- Wristwatches are comparatively cheaper than smartwatches. The cost of an average wristwatch ranges from $50 to $200, whereas the cost of smartwatches starts from $150 and goes up to $1,000 or more.
- Wristwatches are more durable than smartwatches. You just need to take proper care of your wristwatches, such as keeping them safe from moisture and dust. However, you have to be careful with your smartwatch because if it falls on the ground with a damage in any part, it will stop working altogether.
- There is a huge difference between customization options for both wristwatches and smartwatches. Smartwatches give you multiple options for customization like themes which can be changed depending on your moods or occasions. On the other hand, there aren’t many options available when customizing a normal watch as compared to that a smartwatch.
Read Also: Kenneth Cole Watches Review
In conclusion, we believe that both smartwatches and wristwatches will have their various uses in the future. It is safe to say that neither of them can replace the other’s functions entirely because each of them has its distinct advantages and disadvantages.
Smartwatches, for example, are designed for people who live a fast-paced life or want convenience from their gadgetry. On the other hand, wristwatches are specifically designed for people who are searching for elegance and style with their gadgetry. They are both great gadgets to use in everyday life, but they do offer different things to different people.
We hope that you have found this article on the difference between wristwatches and smartwatches to be helpful! Please feel free to share your thoughts on these devices in a constructive manner below.