There is a great reason to invest in a smartwatch for children. The younger audience requires the smartwatch with exceptional features to stay active, safe, and improve learning. As a parent, you will rest easy knowing that your kid is on track with a smartwatch. The Indian market has hundreds of them, which becomes a bit challenging to pick the best. Therefore, we have rounded up the best reviews for kids smart watch on Amazon to satisfy both you and the child. Follow through and pick the one that meets your kids smartwatch requirements.
A smart watch for kids should have features of taking selfies with the help of special cameras, playing games, stopwatch, listening to music and audio books with full support to google play, etc along with other features like a pedometer that keeps track of the steps taken daily thus increasing calories and the fitness level of kids.
This smartwatch will keep them engaged all day long through apps featured giving them more fun while improving their development skills such as reading the word, writing the alphabet, and numbers, etc by using different colors in this watch. It’s a perfect toy for kids that love spending time outdoors as it has sensors that keep track of your child’s movement, location, and heart rate while playing outside thereby helping you stay updated on their safety as well. A Smartwatch is also a great gift idea as it comes with different color options making it suitable for any age group from infants to pre-teens.
A wi-fi-enabled smartwatch is a bi-directional device that integrates wi-fi, GPS, and mobile or smartphone app into one single piece of equipment. Most have touchscreen displays that can be used by the user to interact with their surrounding environment using voice commands like Alexa or Siri. Connect it with other devices like a laptop via wi-fi, tablet, or mobile phone application through data transfer modes such as Bluetooth and internet connection for online interaction from the watch’s internal memory (app).
Why need a Smartwatch?
Why not a smartphone…?
As a parent, you want it to have all of the features, like a calculator, alarm clock, and music player, but your primary worry is your child’s safety. A smartwatch that can track and find you. A watch that allows for two-way communication. A watch with SOS capabilities, and more. Right…? Isn’t that the main reason you need a smart watch? Otherwise, a smartphone in the pocket and a watch on the wrist would have sufficed. According to a recent poll, 88 percent of parents feel more confident if they can track their child. So, before you go out and buy a smartwatch, here are a few things to think about.
How to Choose Good Smartwatch?
- Depending on your requirements, ensure that the smartwatch can function with or without a smartphone.
- Battery life and recharge time are critical considerations. Whichever smart watch you buy, be sure to read its battery life review. It is critical to understand how long it takes a smartwatch to charge for the next use.
- It is critical to check for a waterproof smartwatch while purchasing one for your children.
- It should have an accurate GPS tracker. To determine your child’s geolocation. This functionality should operate without a hitch.
- It should be possible to monitor activities. This tool can tell you how many fun games, etc your youngster had while you were away.
- There should be an SOS button. In the event of an emergency, a child SOS button on the watch is essential. When the button is touched, a call is immediately dispatched to the emergency contacts. The child’s whereabouts can be tracked and located by emergency contacts.
- If you require more than an SOS, you must get a smartwatch that allows the youngster to make phone calls using his smartwatch. A smartwatch often allows you to save up to 10-12 contacts in it. While some watches may be compatible with smartphones, others may have their sim card slot. Check these before purchasing a smartwatch for your child.
Another reason why a smartwatch is preferable to a smartphone is that they are less likely to be misplaced. A smart watch will stay on your child’s wrist and will not readily slip off. They won’t be misplaced by children. They will not misplace it or forget about it. It will remain on their wrist until they remove it. In short, when it comes to tracking, smart watches outperform smartphones.
Read Also: 5 Best Smart Lighting System India
How to Buy the Best Smartwatch for Kids
There are a variety of features to look for in a kids’ wristwatch; some are just for amusement, while others, such as the LeapFrog LeapBand Activity Tracker or the V Tech Kidizoom Smart Watch, contain excellent learning development activities.
If you have an active family, the Fitbit Ace 2 and Fitbit Ace are the latest kid’s editions from Fitbit that may help motivate and track your children’s activity.
Finally, some children’s smartwatches are developed with safety in mind, incorporating a GPS tracker that parents can monitor to assure their children’s location at all times, and some with restricted and unrestricted Internet access.
Whatever you’re searching for, our list below offers something for everyone; continue reading to learn more.
The Best Smartwatches for Kids you can Buy
Fitbit’s Ace 2 fitness tracker and fitness band for kids was amazing, but the most recent iteration – the Fitbit Ace 3 – improves on an already near-perfect tracker by delivering much more battery life. Yes, it’s a little bigger and more expensive, but the Ace 3 has new aesthetics and additional functionality like the heart rate sensor with it.
The most significant improvement is in battery life. The Fitbit Ace 2 has a five-day battery life, while the latest model has eight-day battery life. While it packs a punch in terms of features, the watch also looks excellent, and it has durability because there are no special characters. Teenagers may even find it acceptable.
- Excellent battery life
- Soft, super-durable strap
- Responsive touchscreen
- Makes exercise and good habits enjoyable
- No colored screen
- There aren’t many games
This children’s wristwatch is effectively a smartphone on the wrist. Like an adult wristwatch, it features a choice of programs, a camera for photos and videos, and the capacity to send messages. There is also a media player, fitness tracker, and a hands-free kit for use with a smartphone.
It comes with two interchangeable straps, one of which is a thermal color-changing strap! The 256 MB of memory may be increased to 32GB, allowing you to store a huge number of apps and media on a single device.
- There are 20 pre-installed applications
- Built-in camera
3. LEAPFROG LEAPBAND ACTIVITY TRACKER
- Experience the first activity tracker made for kids, leapband is fit made fun
- Preload leapband with 50 active challenges that get kids moving like pounce like a lion
- Parent controls on leapfrog connect make it easy to set play times, challenges and more
- Encourages active play, nurturing and healthy choices
- Ages 4 to 7 years
This LeapFrog smartwatch comes with a virtual pet, similar to the original Tamogotchis from the 1990s. You may feed and power your pet by doing entirely different activities or exercising to get points.
This watch is intended to teach your child essential skills through a comprehensive curriculum that includes learning how to tell time and the value of nutrition. There are several games to choose from, but parental controls allow you to restrict the amount of time your children spend playing so that they can focus during school and at night.
- The smartwatch equivalent of a Tamogotchi
- You can restrict screen time using parental controls
- More like a toy
Read Also: Best Smart Switches in India
4. VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch DX2
- Two cameras allow you to take videos, pictures and selfies that can be customized and made into new watch faces
- splash proof for everyday play, splash and sweat proof; do not submerge and not suitable for showering or bathing
- Monster catcher game creates an augmented reality gaming experience where you can capture monsters in the real world
The VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch DX2 is a new generation smartwatch for children. It is colorful with an HD display, which will please the kids at first sight. The large screen display makes it possible to view the readings on the watch display. Also, the kid finds it easy to play games and view photos.
The watch comes with two cameras where you take photos and customize them into new watch faces. Additionally, the watch features 55 digital and analog clock faces where kids can customize them to suit their style. This helps children in learning how to tell time. Your kid will also love the New Monster Catcher game where you customize it to capture monsters in the real world. Another great feature of this watch is the motion sensor, which suits active play challenges.
Lastly, the watch comes with a Micro-USB cable. This allows you to upload videos, photos, internet content, and even recharge the battery. The watch suits ages 4-12 years.
- Has plenty of exciting games for kids
- Colorful display for use
- Captures real-world monsters for gaming
- Has a dual camera for taking photos and videos
- Changes Can be quite addictive
5. ZXEGA DZ09 Bluetooth Smart Watch
- Smartwatch Sim Card Support( GSM, micro SIM , Doesn’t support Jio 4G), TF Card upto 8GB, 2 mp camera, Audio supported, G-sensor
- All Android and iOS Mobile Phone & Android Tablet PC.
- Make phone call directly from the smart watch, including answering and dial-up. SIM slot, can make calls by Bluetooth or smart watch.
Your boys and girls will love ZXEGA DZ09 Bluetooth Smart Watch. It supports GSM, micro SIM, TF Card up to 8GB, 2 mp camera, Audio support, and G-sensor. Its touchscreen display makes all your functions quick and easy. It is crafted with durability, and high performance hence will serve the kids for a long time. The watch features an HD display so you can view all the details with ease. This is a reliable smartwatch with compatibility with all Android and iOS Mobile phones & Android Tablet PC.
Your kid can make phone calls directly from this smartwatch, including receiving the calls. This makes communication much easier for both of you. The watch also has a good chipset and working memory so you can access the correct information all the time.
The camera available is great for kids and helps them pick memories from their adventures. It is a unique way to keep them occupied as the smartwatch supports what kids need.
- Compatible with various operating systems for effortless synchronization
- The HD display gets everything in your kids to view hence good readability
- Made from quality materials for durability
- Comes with different smart functions for versatility
- The app doesn’t install on the iOS system
6. Reepud A1 Smart Watch
- With Call Function
- Watchphone, Notifier, Fitness & Outdoor, Safety & Security
- Battery Runtime: Upto 10 hrs
The Reepud A1 Smart Watch is famous for tiring into a real cell phone when you insert a sim card. You can easily make calls and receive calls with your kids and find out how they are doing. Additionally, the type is compatible with all phone types, and this makes it a suitable option for synchronizing information from the various phone types.
The watch also has a highly sensitive touch screen that makes it easy to get access functions quickly. The 1.54″ TFT HD LCD has a resolution of 240×240 megapixels, which delivers an excellent viewing experience during the day and at night. Additionally, the phone has Bluetooth working mode so you can make calls and receive them much faster. Besides, Bluetooth makes it easy for you to send messages and even receive them. This makes it suitable for kids, boys, and girls.
The synchronization function makes it easy for you to connect to QQ, WeChat, Facebook, Twitter, browser time, schedule, read a text message, sports health. Also, more smartwatch features like the pedometer, sleep monitoring, sedentary reminder for the kid are very helpful for daily activity.
- You can make and receive calls with the phone mode or Bluetooth mode
- Easy to connect to your social media sites and continue connecting to the world
- It’s compatible with all phone types
- Touchscreen for easy operation
- High quality but costly
7. KEMIPRO DZ09 Black Bluetooth Smart Watch
- Bluetooth Smart Watch with Camera.
- Bluetooth connectivity Bluetooth Music Control, Voice Recorder, Sim-card (Micro) support, Calling function, Cellphone finder, Reminder for long time sitting, Battery with durable power, Pedometer, Anti-lost function.
- Apps like facebook, whatsapp, qq, wechat, twitter, time schedule, read message or news, sports, health, pedometer, sedentary remind and sleep
- Microphone, touch screen, multi-language, compatible with android, ios mobile and tablet pc.
Do you want to help your kids organize their daily activities efficiently? Well, the watch to go for is the KEMIPRO DZ09. It works with all iOS smartphones, Android, and tablets. It also comes with a sync function so you can get your QQ, Wechat, Twitter, Facebook, time, schedule, read a message, and news on the watch. When it comes to your kid’s health activities, the watch has a pedometer, sedentary reminder, and sleep monitoring phone function.
You can call directly and even answer calls from this smartwatch. It has a sim slot for you to use the smartwatch as a cellphone. Furthermore, the watch has a 230mAh battery life to serve you wherever you need it. You can also browse through plenty of apps using this smartwatch as it syncs well with your other compatible devices. This saves you from taking out your smartphone for the same services.
Finally, the smartwatch looks classy on your kid’s wrists and will make them fashionable. The kids will take photos for memory using the available.
- Sync well with your android and iOS systems
- You can make and receive calls with the phone
- Helps organize your kid’s daily activities
- Includes Microphone
- Reliable smartwatch with a 230mAh of battery life
- The speaker quality isn’t excellent when used to make and receive callspower failure
8. Amazfit Bip Lite Smart Watch
- A powerful battery capable of lasting up to 45 days on a single charge.
- Charging time: Approx. 2.5 hours.
- This watch is 3 ATM certified, equivalent to about 30 meters water depth.
- Use Amazfit App (ZEPP) to connect to phone.
- Lightweight and Comfortable to wear day and night.
- Track daily activities and sports like indoor and outdoor running, walking and cycling.
- The display is always on and easily readable under bright sunlight.
- Receive notifications for incoming calls, emails, messages and other apps.
- Sedentary reminders if you’ve been sitting too long
The Amazfit Bip Lite Smart Watch is our last product to be reviewed. It’s a popular and most sought-after watch for its versatility. The watch has thousands of positive reviews with customers liking it for its elegance and functionality. It is reflective and readable during bright sunlight. A single charge will last you for 45 days, which is reliable for your activities.
The watch is 3 ATM certified and water resistant. Kids will swim while it’s on their wrists. With the Mi-Fit App, you connect easily to your phone and access the services you need from the phone. Additionally, this watch is lightweight and feels comfortable on your kid’s wrist during the day and night.
With this watch, you will monitor the kid’s daily activities, including health activities and sports. It also has sedentary reminders if you have been sitting for an extended period. Lastly, you get notifications of SMS, including calls and emails. This means that you are always updated on everything that your smartphone could provide.
- Versatile for your kid’s monitoring
- Easy to set and use
- Water-resistant type
- Reflective and readable
- You cannot listen to songs from this watch
9. APPLE WATCH SE
- GPS model lets you take calls and reply to texts from your wrist.
- Large Retina OLED display.
- Up to 2x faster processor than Series 3.
- Track your daily activity on Apple Watch and see your trends in the Fitness app on iPhone.
- Measure workouts like running, walking, cycling, yoga, swimming, and dance.
- Swimproof design.
- High and low heart rate notifications and irregular heart rhythm notification.
The Apple Watch SE is a fantastic wristwatch for both adults and children. It looks amazing and is comfy, making it ideal for a fashion-conscious adolescent.
Where Apple has slashed costs for a lower price, your child will not notice (unless they are interested in taking ECG readings). It feels like the full-fledged Apple Watch experience, complete with all of the benefits of communication, fitness tracking, and health and safety functions.
You should also utilize Family Setup, which is especially useful for smaller children since it offers you greater control over what they can do with their Apple Watch.
Family Setup transforms the gadget into a GPS tracker that also allows you to communicate with them via the wristwatch. That’s perfect if you need to contact them while they’re away, such as informing them that they need to return home shortly after seeing a friend.
- Excellent performance
- The screen is clear and bright
- Advanced health benefits
- No support for Android phones
10. GARMIN VIVOFIT JR 3
- The Garmin Vivofit 3 bands can be replaced with a replacement wristband which is made of high quality Silicone material
The Garmin Vivo Jr 3 is more than just a fitness tracker for children. It’s a convenient wearable that, when coupled with a phone app, unlocks games and adventures, which should get every small couch potato moving and thrill continuously on-the-go youngsters.
In addition to being entertaining for children, the gadget allows parents to monitor their children’s activity levels with a step counter, tracking their sleep, and youngsters can use it as a watch.
The device is jam-packed with capabilities that will benefit parents as well. When it’s linked to an app, they can observe their child’s activity and sleep patterns, as well as whether or not a youngster has accomplished their goals, including ‘chores.’ The watch allows parents to assign jobs and chores as well as select a reward virtual currency value that a kid may redeem for agreed-upon prizes. They may also configure the watch with their child’s emergency contact information, which may come in handy, but hopefully never is!
There’s something for everyone, with numerous colors and even Marvel and Disney editions.
- Marvel and Disney characters are available
- Battery life is one year
- Goals can be managed by parents
- The child may grow out of the character
- The brightness of the screen can be improved
We have shared with you the details about each smartwatch for children. It’s time for you to pick one and surprise your kid. Besides, it’s a great way to monitor your kids and keep them safe. Luckily, the watches feature fantastic quality and are yet inexpensive. Buy one of the smartwatches for children and share the experience.
When buying a smartwatch for your kid, try to get the one that has more features and better safety standards rather than buying one with lesser features due to its cheap price tag. Go for an advanced model by people who know about this business.